In June 1995, the government introduced a permanent residence scheme to encourage a limited number of high net worth individuals to establish tax residency tax in Antigua and Barbuda. As residents all their income would be free of local tax.
- To obtain a permanent residence certificate an applicant must:
- maintain a permanent place of abode in Antigua and Barbuda;
- obtain an alien landholding licence costing 5% of the property value;
- pay a purchaser’s stamp duty of 2.50%;
- pay an annual levy of US$20,000/annum;
- reside in Antigua and Barbuda for not less than 30 days a year.