The Government of Antigua and Barbuda has established a Scheme for Nationals who are returning home. Under the terms of the scheme the following applies:
1. Nationals returning home who have been abroad for Ten years or longer will be regarded as Returning Nationals and are entitled to receive duty free concessions. Please see the section BELOW:
a) Duty-free treatment on all used personal effects including tools of the trade (see Appendix 1 for a list of such personal effects);
b) Duty-free treatment for one imported motor-car provided that the vehicle has been owned for at least 2 years.
2. The Minister of Finance will have discretionary power to waive taxes and duties on personal and household effects of nationals returning to Antigua and Barbuda under Ten Years. In exercising this power, the Minister of Finance will take into consideration the special circumstances of the national and/or the contribution the national can make to the development of Antigua and Barbuda.
3. Applications by Returning Nationals for duty-free concessions as described in paragraph 1 herein, should be addressed to the Minister of Finance, High Street, St John’s, Antigua.
You can download the following Application forms in PDF format:
- Nationals returning home scheme: http://forms.gov.ag/finance/nationals_returning_home.pdf
- Click here to visit the customs website that has information on both schemes
For additional information, please see the Antigua and Barbuda Government website: www.ab.gov.ag